With the goodness encapsulated in avocados, I use it abundantly in my meals from day to day. Avocadoes give that creamy rich texture and flavour with very little effort in your cooking. This vegan appetizer bruschetta topped with succulent tomatoes and the essence of basil infused with virgin olive oil can give the most heavenly gastronomical experience. Also notice the other ingredients used such as celtic sea salt, basil, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Each is packed with endless healing properties. This makes it almost a raw food recipe.
Guacamole Bruschetta Recipe
Serves: 12-15 servings
- ½ loaf French bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tomatoes (preferably Roma variety), medium chopped
- 2 avocados, medium chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup basil (torn into small pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely crushed black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the French bread on the diagonal into ½” rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Toast the sliced bread in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the toasted bread from the oven and immediately rub with the clove of garlic (it works best to first cut a small tip off the garlic clove so that the oils will seep out).
- Brush the tops of the garlic-rubbed toasts with olive oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix together gently making sure the avocado is well coated in the lime juice.
- Spoon a portion of the mixture onto each of the garlic toasts and serve.
And how can you go wrong with this arsenal of flavour-packed ingredients? The crunchy French bread serves as the perfect host to the avocado mixture, which is overflowing with fresh lime juice, tomatoes and chopped basil. The French bread can be substituted with gourmet crackers or toasted garlic bagels, possibilities are just endless!
Craving for more? Stay tuned with the latest in vegan on my facebook page.