These Chimp Buddies Vegan Banana Walnut Muffins are light and delicious !
Make them, bake them for breakfast, tea or a treat break, because they are soft, airy and delightfully kind to the palette.
The moist fruitiness that is to be experienced the moment they enter the oven, then bite after bite, after bite.
If you fill the muffin tins just below the brim, you’ll make 12. I haven’t iced them as they are great plain. A dusting of icing sugar works well. Walnuts can be substituted with sultanas, coconut and chop chips.
Go make and bake and enjoy these little Chimp Buddies.
Chimp Buddies - Vegan Banana Walnut Muffins
- 1 cup plain unbleached flour
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 11/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/cup chopped walnuts
- 1tbsp ground flaxseeds
- a few drops of almond essence
- 1 cup of soya milk (or other vegan milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 Medium ripe mashed bananas
- Place 12 muffin cups in a greaseproof muffin tin.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium to large-sized plastic bowl, mix all the dried ingredients.
- In a separate medium to large-sized plastic bowl, mix all wet ingredients for half a minute or so.
- Now slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dried ones, and mix slowly at the same time – just enough so that the ingredients are blended. DO NOT OVER PROCESS.
- Pour batter into your muffin cups, and pop in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Bring them out when they look golden.
- Insert a wooden skewer to check that they are ready - it should come out clean.
- After removing the muffins from the oven, allow them to cool down before storing.
Be careful when removing paper. Enjoy! OoOoAhAh!
Please remember to leave comments, they help me serve the vegan community better.