This vegan cake recipe with carrots is my favorite. So easy to make and loved by everyone who has the privilege of eating it. It is not one of those cakes which just sweeten your palate without giving any nutritional goodness. This is wholesome goodness! You will taste the freshness of carrots, nutty pecans, wholesome flour and juice sultana.
It can be made as a full cake or cupcakes. It comes out light and fluffy as in the attached picture.
- 2 cups SR wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp mixed spice (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple (natural juice)
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Throw EVERYTHING in a bowl and mix with your overworked beaters.
- Pour in a 25cm spring form and bake for 50 – 60 mins in a 375 deg F/ 180 deg C.
- Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely and then serve just as is or with soy custard and freshly chopped fruit. Enjoy!
Love to hear your feedback and will be happy to publish your recipes on this site. Please use the comment block below to send your favorite vegan recipes.