If someone was to put a buffet of desserts with a selection of cold, warm, fruity, chocolaty, sugary, crunchy, creamy items I would innately be drawn to a warm and fruit dessert. Hence why I am drooling as I type this recipe. Doesn’t it look epic? Trust me when it comes to cooking the three elements i.e., pear tart, poached pears and caramel sauce which can all be done in 30 mins. No kidding!!!
Once you gather all the ingredients on the bench top you just go bang bang bang. And there in half an hour it’s done, provided you can multi task. Aha! You thought there was a catch J but tell me how many of us don’t have to multi-task in today’s fast paced world? At least with cooking there’s joy and it’s therapeutic. How rewarding does it feel when you create a masterpiece like this. Then everyone enjoys to the point of licking the plate. Oh! The best part is the pears poaching in fennel spreads. Its aroma spread throughout the house, can you imagine how heavenly that is.
To the technical part
Now to the technical part, use firm pears both for poaching and tart as they tend to give the whole dish a definition. For the almond butter I get it from a health food shop that makes it fresh to order, handy! But any type of almond butter will do a good job. If you have one of the fancy gadgets that mills almonds into butter then what more could you ask for. If you are pressed for time and would really like to get whole thing done in 30 minutes. Start with the tart and while it’s baking the poaching and caramel sauce can be dome simultaneously on the stove.
- 100 gm almond butter
- 100 gm almond meal
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 2 pears, firm
- ½ cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 50 gm melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or cardamoms
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 pears
- ½ can Coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Fennel fronds to garnish
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Beat almond butter, almond meal, maple syrup, flax eggs, flour and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Place the puff pastry on clean flat surface and cut each into 3 strips. Lay cut pastry sheets on to prepared tray leaving at least an inch between each strip.
- Divide the almond mixture into six equal parts and spread on each pastry sheet with a butter knife or an icing spatula.
- Peel pears and cut half lengthways and remove core. Cut into thin slices.
- Lay pear slices overlapping each other over the almond spread until whole sheet is covered.
- Cover with coconut sugar and drizzle with coconut oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Serve with poached pears and caramel sauce/ cashew cream
- Combine fennel seeds, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan with 450 ml of water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Peel and quarter the pears and add to the pan. Cover with baking paper or aluminium foil and keep them submerged.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
- Put coconut sugar in a small saucepan over on low heat and stir until caramelised and melted. Be sure not to burn the sugar.
- Add coconut cream and oil and whisk until nicely mixed. Simmer for 3-5 minutes on low heat until the sauce thickens.
Please do leave comments below, that’s the only way I know that my work is beneficial for you J. If you would like to see a specific recipe published send us your request via email email@example.com or send us a message via Facebook or Instagram Please note that because of the volume of requests we receive, we can only publish a selection.