These spiced cardamom macaroons have a sweet aroma of cardamom which enhances from the time they enter the oven and gradually spreads in the air. It invites all to enjoy the super crunchy and nutty macaroons. They bring back gorgeous memories of my childhood when my grandmother would make them in the wood oven. Perfect to serve with tea or coffee, as a snack, afternoon tea or dessert, kids will not stop once they get to taste them. These yummy delights are great for their school lunchboxes.
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup fine semolina
- 1 cup besan flour
- Pinch of baking soda (less than 1/4 tsp)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup vegetable spread (margarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup almond flakes
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degree.
- In a bowl, mix plain flour, besan flour, semolina, baking soda and cardamom powder and set aside.
- Add margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mix to margarine and sugar mixture to make smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into about 30 equal parts and make them into balls.
- Place each dough ball on almond flakes to allow almond to stick on one side.
- Place macaroons on a lightly greased cookie tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove the tray from oven and let cool down for 10 minutes.
Let us know your views and tell us what vegan recipes you would like to see next.