Many say that becoming a vegan is hard and this can be true for many. But most times this is true of people who don’t have the drive or the self control that this change requires especially in the beginning. You don’t have to feel terrible if you find that you cannot totally eliminate animal products from your diet at first. It is good to note that even a small reduction is a forward step in the right direction. Keep in mind that you cannot just become a vegan overnight but instead it is something that you will have to progress to. Put is this way, if these people can do it, you can do it.
- Consume a balanced diet with vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, enriched grains, nuts, seeds and nut butters.
- Choose protein sources that are low in fat such as beans and peas
- Limit your intake of beverages and foods that are high in sugar content.
- Limit your use of cooking methods such as frying and instead use methods such as grilling, roasting, steaming and boiling.
- Count calories, though you will be limiting fat and protein from animal’s, nut butters, nuts and vegetable oils can still add up calories fast even if you are not frying foods.
- Ensure that you get regular amounts of exercise into your routine.